[QtMoko] New debian images V5

Shashank Bharadwaj shanka.mns at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 05:27:24 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Radek Polak<psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> new version of QtMoko debian images is uploading now. It will be
> possible to download them soon (like in 2 hours) from:
>
> http://activationrecord.net/radekp/qtmoko/download/
[snip]
> Most probably no bugs were introduced and this version should be stable
> as daily phone.

Tested basic functionalities. SMS, Calls works fine.Yes can be used as
a daily phone.

Bluetooth is present. I didn't have another phone with bluetooth atm,
so don't know if that would work, but atleast the options show up ;)

Some issues though:

* On first boot, when i pressed the dialer button on the homescreen,
QtMoko crashed and went blank with only a cursor blinking at the
top-left corner. I was hoping for it to do a restart of QtMoko, but
even after a few minutes it didn't respond so i had to remove the
battery. On next boot this didn't occur.
  Next time maybe i'll get time to catch some logs.

* Tango GPS opened fine, (I couldn't test the GPS as i know i'll not
get a fix inside the building, i'll test it later in the day) but
after closing there is a cursor on the bottom-left corner of the
QtMoko, but that is just a aesthetic requirement.

Thank you Radek, a great amount of work has gone into making this
build. I must say it's been shaping out nicely!
Personally Qtmoko is an awesome distribution and that's what i use as
daily phone.. with support for TangoGPS, it'll give rise to a whole
new level of (healthy) competition to the other distros!
Great work keep it up!!

--
Regards
Shashank