Home automation with Open moko

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 19:40:29 CEST 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009, sriranjan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Will a dongle that attaches to FR and an embedded system that connects
> to home grid and then be able to control your home appliance from FR be
> a product worth a consumer market?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are proposing. Most (possibly all)
the home automation systems I'm aware of have IP control interfaces either by
default or as an option, usually through a browser. The FR should be able to
control those already via WiFi, and would probably be very good at it.

Or are you proposing adding a dongle to connect directly to one of the
wireless home automation protocols like ZigBee or LonWorks?