OpenMoko on HTC-Dream (Can anyone help?)

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Jul 31 22:02:34 CEST 2009

Hi,
I finally bought a G1,
As you know we first tried to remove(/free) the non-free android part
related to the drivers for the G1,but you came and you made shown how to
run the distro of your choice on the G1...
We are now more organized and we have a name(replicant),and an IRC
channel ( #replicant on freenode),but we are waiting for the rest of the
infrastructure
Our goal is to free the G1,that is to say "port" GNU/Linux(with FSO) on
it but also replace some android components with free ones
so far:
*you've got the wifi and the screen working
*someone tested that program:
http://linuxtogo.org/~lgorris/misc/playwav2.c
with all the proprietary things removed and it worked
so we should be able to have sound too
but we need something that translate the dspish thing to an alsa thing
in order to get out of the box support for all applications
else we could port each library or application to the dsp-ish thing(such
as mplayer,vlc,pulseaudio,libxine etc...)
Denis