[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 12

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Mon Jun 1 23:22:40 CEST 2009

Thank you for all the great work ! I compile your git branch regularly and it
works very well, it's my main distro for daily telephony (I keep an eye on
OM2009 too ;) ).

I have some questions/remarks:

- I didn't found any option for sms delivery receipt, will QTEi have this
option in the future ? It would be really handy :)

- There is a french dictionary in the sources, but not activable during the
configure (only en_US is available). I cheat by copying french dict on en_US
files, but an option for other languages would be greatly appreciated (phone
key are IMHO unusable with a foreigner dictionary).
It would be very perfect to have the choice of the dict language when we use
phone keys.

- I my knowledge, it is not possible to change the volume during a call, it
would be nice to add a slider.
I found the sound a little weak in the speaker, it's difficult to hear somebody
in a noisy environment, is it possible to do a software boost ? I have already
put 127 in control 4 of  /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state, but
it's not enough.

- The alarm don't seem to awake the phone in deep sleep (need some tests: I
will try again and fill a bug report)

- sometime when I look into my sim's contacts, there is nothing (but
everything is ok most of time)

- I have followed manually the instructions of the script when I have
installed my own compiled QTEi version, but for the bluetooth everything is
commented, and I can't install anything related to bluetooth with opkg ("opkg
search bluetooth" give nothing, "opkg install bluez-audio" says there is not
package of this name), so my BT is not working :( .
It's not a big deal since I have usb cable, but I'd like to save my contacts,
and sending vcards via BT is a solution.

Anyway everything is very usable, again thanks to you and the other devs for
all the work.
I have no time for the moment, but I'd like to install a dev environment to
give some help in the future :).

Cheers,
Goffi