a new keyboard - discuss and critique

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:45:03 CEST 2009

> There is lots of space wasted. Why hasn't he put the key lines together
> inverted to each other?

I think the fact that it's not like you describe the whole idea of the design ;)

Go to the page on El Reg and try and type your name by pushing your
monitor. It's stupid, yes, but it gives you an idea of how it would
work. It seems, without any feedback, to be very nice. The fact that
all the triangles are orientated the same way means you get a huge
area of triangular free space around each key, that lets you mash at
them without accidentally hitting another.

I don't think it's about training your hands as others have said, it's
about providing a key with a lot of free space around it - effectively
you've made the key bigger (because you can hit any are around it and
"sort of" hit the right one without mis-hitting another) whilst
keeping the overall size very small.

Its genius is its simplicity.

Joseph