[neovento-5.6] Modifying the keyboard

clare johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:30:21 CEST 2009

Hi;
I am finding a lot of improvements in this latest version; and I have
not been able to try a lot of them, due to lack of time. however I
have changed the keyboard (attached). The main reason was that some
keys were not there. Especially some that I needed. e.g. backslash  I
now have on it all the keys on my normal keyboard I think. I have
tried to arrange them with some logic, mainly that on the "123" page
are most of the things I want to write on the computer terminal. The
third collection is not well arranged and has plenty of empty slots. I
think the european language characters and some others will fit well
there. I have found a few.
the sources I am using for characters are:
http://www.webmonkey.com/reference/Special_Characters
and
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/sgml/entities.html#h-24.2.1

Does anyone know how I could make a "numbers lock" which would keep
the "123" page in place while it was being used?  It is possible, but
annoying to have to hit "123" before every number. I hoped to put that
function just above the "123" key.

thank you,
clare