a new keyboard - discuss and critique

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Wed Jun 3 20:28:54 CEST 2009

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:13:12 -0700 Steve Mosher <steve at openmoko.com> said:

>     yep. triple damages. When doing 3D graphics we NEVER looked at
> patents, otherwise we couldnt build shit.

oh indeed. the only way to go is plead ignorance. if it comes to court without
a cease and desist you will very likely get off (with then just a cease and
desist) unless they can prove you willfully infringed - i.e. - you knew about
the patent beforehand or at any time up to and beyond actually
shipping/distributing product. you couldn't sanely be successfully sued for
infringing a patent you never knew about. but... if you did. woe betide ye! :)
so as you say steve - a real life example there in a real commercial setting.
its better to be utterly ignorant and hope for the best. it may be you infringe
on patents and the holders just dont care, thus will not sue. :)

>     hehe.. dirty little secret raster.. I got two software patents
> (company forced me to), wanna read them?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! never! i shall poke my eyes out first and fill my ears
with cement! :)

/me heads back to his safe patent ignorance zone :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com