Launcher/Home Page (alpha) Release 0.20

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 05:39:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

OpenMitko wrote:

>>The only problem I found so far is that it scrolls not only horizontally
but also
>>vertically.

 Can't seem to change that from 'C'. Any ideas elementary gurus ?

Warren Baird-2 wrote:

>>Makes sense - I'll try to come up with a few in the next couple of days. I
guess
>>drop 'em in a directory like /usr/share/wallpapers? then you can make that
the
>>default folder to browse in your prefs UI?

 Yes. That should be fine. I'll use /usr/share/wallpapers as the default
directory in the prefs UI.

Warren Baird-2 wrote:

>>For the category picker - how much work would it be to maintain both modes
and let the user pick in >the prefs?

 Not sure. I guess the initial work will be a bit. Thereafter, hopefully, no
constant changes should be required to that part. I'll start work and see
how far I can take it.

Warren Baird-2 wrote:

>>I don't see how to add or remove categories from there - I was able to
assign apps to certain >categories, but not edit the list of categories.

 Missed that. The new version should resolve the regression.

Michael Zanetti wrote:

>>The toolbar in illume's settings is easier to use because it doesn't
scroll vertically.

 I know. But I don't know how to stop that.

Michael Zanetti wrote:

>>I've noticed this in other apps too. All lists scoll slower if the
>>smooth-bounce-back-at-end feature is enabled.

 Can't seem to stop that either. Hmmm. Help Needed!

Michael Zanetti wrote:

>>I have also noticed that the toolbar uses resizes all entries according to
the
>>longest name.

 Thanks for the tip. All names are shorter now.

  New version.  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3022613/launcher_0.21_arm.ipk
launcher_0.21_arm.ipk

 * scroller for icons if more than 3 rows
 * center icons if there are 2 in a row
 * (re) added edit categories in the toolbar
 * larger icons for missed calls and sms's