Om2009 testing release 4

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 4 23:31:14 CEST 2009

I've had better luck starting with
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/attachment/ticket/2121/gsmhandset-a7.state -
it's one of several that I've seen identified as 'the one true statefile'...

If you still get buzz, then try dropping 'control.5' (Mono Playback Volume)
-  to around 85 or 90.  That might help - although you might find that
people have trouble hearing you.

I'm currently using the gsmhandset-a7.state unmodified and seem to get ok
results.  I've had one report of intermittent buzz during a call, but it
wasn't super bad.

Warren

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:00:29PM +0200, tammaro pamdirac palombo wrote:
> > I try to use Om2009 but for me is unusable (call audio quality). I like
> > paroli but I must use FR like a phone.
> > I hope that the buzz fix solves this problem.
>
> While you don't get it, this alsa state file improves things a bit WRT the
> recent builds:
>
> http://www.kurppa.fi/freerunner/config_files/gsmhandset.state
>
> Just replace the one in /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/
>
> Rui

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca