Popping up virtual keyboards via PyGTK, double click rate

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 04:06:48 CEST 2009

On Thursday 04 June 2009, David Ford wrote:
> I've been told that telling the widget to grab the focus should pop up
> the virtual keyboard, but it has yet to happen.

Not quite - it responds to various X atoms being set. This post has some more
info, including c code. You may need to check the illume source for the
complete list of atoms.
http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg41666.html

> Does anyone have some example code references for doing this?  I'm
> working off a SHR base.

I've not seen any, but this might help in combination with the c code above:
http://python-xlib.sourceforge.net/doc/html/python-xlib_14.html#SEC13