MP3 patents (was: Freerunner's Future)

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Fri Jun 5 15:16:24 CEST 2009

pattens as are now a days is a real PITA, no matter if you don't have
the libraries installed in the device,if you are cached by those
pirate... sorry pattens agencies in customs they just have to say to
the court the device is suitable to play mp3 and you don't have
license, and your parcel will be retained for months/years, no matter
the court final decision, you as reseller are fucked because you have
payed for a material you cannot touch. So orl you arrive an agreement
with the agency (+money,-less time) or wait for the lottery of the
court and cross your fingers to have a judge a little bit more techy
than the average, because if not, your parcel will be returned by
default, and if the judge has a bad day you surely will pay a penalty.

Once was said OM was in sue trying to resolve this but I have no more
info on that for a long time.