RFC Using MPX for accelerometers

Abelenda diego.abelenda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 20:59:48 CEST 2009

I've had an idea that might not be so bad.

MPX is due for the next release of Xorg, so why not use it for the
accelerometers, it could create a somewhat standard interface for the
applications (think about compatibility for other devices than the
freerunner) to see the state of the accelerometers. An application that
is fullscreen/selected could just grab the input and release it if
it is no more selected. The nice thing is that application not
compatible with Xi2 would not see the device if it is configured as
additionnal pointer and not default one.

If an application needs only pattern recognitions and not the position
of the pointer, we could create a lib, so that it could be portable for
other devices.

So comments about that idea? ^^