Freerunner's Future

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jun 6 01:53:30 CEST 2009

Christoph Pulster wrote:
> I see ONE active Mailinglist (here) and nothing more worth to mention.

openmoko-kernel used to be very busy. Now it's a bit more quiet
with kernel maintenance being rearranged, but I expect it to
pick up some more activity again before too long.

Also, these days, the most active participants all use IRC and
much of the small coordination happens there.

> The GTA03core list consists of 5 active people feeding some strange CAD
> software,

gta02-core is a very young project and I'm rather pleased with
the way it's growing. There are 1-2 people joining for active
participation every week, and some more are just lurking for now.

If active participants joined at a higher rate, it would actually
be difficult to give them the attention they deserve and to
integrate them into the project. (In fact, I already built up a
bit of a backlog for this week. Shouldn't dwell in this mail too
long ...)

If you don't like the strange CAD files, you may find
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/gta02-core-expanded-all.ps.gz
easier on your eyes ;-)

- Werner