[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 12

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Jun 6 12:33:45 CEST 2009

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 06:03:05 pm Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

Hiya,

> 2.6.24? Hmmm ... qtmoko will work, but you'll probably get double sms's and
> indications of missed calls for every incoming call ... O no, wait, I fixed
> those.

That's why I'm back (thanks)! ;-)

> Probably the issue will be that the system will not unsuspend when receiving
> an sms,

Nope, that works.

> I believe that was kernel related (modem). But there have been fixes in that
> area too, so you might want to test some stuff:
>
> - outgoing call
> - incoming call
> - incoming call while in suspend
> - outgoing sms
> - incoming sms
> - incoming sms while in suspend

Those all used to work with this kernel previously, will report any problems!

> - alarm

That used to work if it was plugged in.

> - alarm wakes the phone while in suspend (see that the atd package is
>   installed for this to work)

Not yet tested.

> - bluetooth (since you run on 2.6.24 kernel, bluetooth should work as
>   long as you don't suspend, but of course don't uninstall bluetooth as
>   per my install script then)

Don't use it, so I'm happy to see it disabled by default in the new image. :-)

Thanks again for all the work on this, my C++ is far worse than my C so I've
found I'm not really able to contribute to this.. :-(

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP