intone a2dp (bluetooth) support

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:50:48 CEST 2009

I find intone by far the best music app (low cpu usage); but I can't
find a way to route the audio through
Currently I use mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth /mp3/
I would love it if this would be possible with intone.

Does anybody know a way, or is there some work begin done?

btw: some info from joerg:
general rule: no audio app shall have a hardcoded audio device. A
setup option is mandatory
the only valid botch would be to have a unique dedicated device like
e.g. 'alsa-intone', then set up .asound to associate a physical device
to this symbolic name
nevertheless a lot of audio apps are borked and use a hardcoded
'default' device. This is absolutely deprecated