[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 12

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Jun 7 17:03:11 CEST 2009

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:46:18 -0600
Ori Pessach <opessach at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Franky Van Liedekerke
> <liedekef at telenet.be>wrote:
>
> > (install instructions and script updated on 2090601: see below)
> >
> > It's been a while, but we haven't been sleeping :-)
> >
> > New website:
> > ============
> > We have a new website now, thanks to Fale: http://www.qtmoko.org
> > There you can find all the latest changes, report bugs, etc ...
> >

> Hi,
>
> Where's the best place to report and discuss bugs in this (and other)
> releases?
>
> I'm seeing a few problems so far: GPS doesn't appear to work at all,
> and when connecting to WiFi, the DNS server doesn't appear to be set
> at all. Setting it manually in /etc/resolv.conf didn't seem to do
> anything when I tried with two different access points.
>
> --Ori Pessach

Hi,

gps is known (some say it should work ...), but the wifi should work
just fine. I just tried it here again: first I emptied /etc/resolv.conf
(when connected via usb), removed the usb cable and tried connecting to
my wireless lan (not encrypted). This seemed to work just fine, just
make sure your wireless router gives you an ip and the correct DNS
server in the DHCP reply. Also, most wireless routers seem to be
confused when you try connecting a wireless client that had another IP
in the past, so sometimes you need to reboot the router (I hate it
when that happens, but it happens even with my laptop from time to
time).
For bugs: see http://www.qtmoko.org

Franky