Freerunner's Future

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Sun Jun 7 23:19:39 CEST 2009

One comment about both the limo foundation and the mozilla foundation is
that they seem to be pushing the design of one stack of software.  From
my observations of Openmoko to date, the concept is more of open
hardware and multiple operating system stacks, even to the point of
having BSD on the phone (or perhaps other stacks that do not use a Linux
kernel).

One of the issues I have with Linux International as an end user's group
for all of Free Software is the name "Linux", which would turn off
certain groups of people.  I have struggled with this, but in the end I
am going to keep the name, because it is already set up (the easiest
path), the name recognition and to honor my friend Linus Torvalds.
However all Free Software users would be welcome.

Make sure that whatever group you join gives you the freedom you desire.

Warmest regards,

maddog