[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 12

Rene Horn the.rhorn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 02:43:40 CEST 2009

I just tried out this version.  I'm still having issues with GPRS.  I'd like
to be able to fix the issue myself if I could, or at least point out a
possible fix.  I know it can work because it does under SHR-Unstable.

Where should I be looking for this?  Where is all the GPRS code located?
Where are the scripts?

Rene

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Franky Van Liedekerke
<liedekef at telenet.be>wrote:

> (install instructions and script updated on 2090601: see below)
>
> It's been a while, but we haven't been sleeping :-)
>
> New website:
> ============
> We have a new website now, thanks to Fale: http://www.qtmoko.org
> There you can find all the latest changes, report bugs, etc ...
>
> IRC channel:
> ============
> For those wanting to talk: on irc.freenode.net, channel #qtopia is open
> for business.
>
> Things solved/added/changed:
> ============================
> See http://www.qtmoko.org/wiki/Change_log
> See http://github.com/liedekef/qtmoko/commits/master for the changelog
> in detail
>
> Problems found (more like small nuisances now):
> See http://www.qtmoko.org
> - if you set the time back to something in the past, the clock service
>  crashes and you need to restart qtextended if you want to use the
>  clock again
> - bluetooth is not working totally ok, only after initial boot it
>  works, not after suspend/resume. Seems to be kernel/bluez3 version
>  combo issue ... After suspend/resume bluetooth seems to work, but
>  receiving files for sure doesn't.
> - if you try to delete the "Wireless Lan", the system crashes ... cool
>  huh, a crashed phone? So for now: don't do it :-)
> - slow building up of the Contacts, because of all the sql queries for
>  a*, b*, c*, ...
>
> Install instructions:
> =====================
> download the script
> http://www.e-dynamics.be/openmoko/qtmoko_install.sh , read the
> comments at the top and then execute the script on your openmoko (after
> having flashed the device and made sure internet works).
> The script has 2 options: "install" or "update". An update will just
> download the tgz file and replace your current qtmoko with it.
>
> For those who just want to replace their existing qtmoko manually,
> here's the link: http://www.e-dynamics.be/openmoko/qte_20090601.tgz .
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Franky

Sigs are boring, except this one...