intone a2dp (bluetooth) support

DJDAS djdas at djdas.net
Mon Jun 8 12:35:26 CEST 2009

Michael Sheldon ha scritto:
> DJDAS wrote:
>
>> It's very simple: you have to pair to the device and create a .asoundrc
>> file in $HOME.
>>

>  Personally I don't think this should be implemented in intone, this
> sort of system-wide activity should be handled by FSO (and I believe
> there is work on-going towards this) and intone should just offer the
> option to make use of an already configured bluetooth device if it exists.

I agree but as I hadn't the time to update BlueMoko to bluez4 and FSO,
that was a suggestion to achieve A2DP output "after" pairing with other
means (if FSO does the pairing with headset profiles you should have
only to create the .asoundrc file waiting for a GUI ;) )

>  Also, IIRC, BlueMoko still uses bluez 3.3, while most images now use
> bluez 4 by default. So if you went down that path you'd probably end up
> having to support two different methods of pairing.

A2DP is easier to use (didn't see bluez4 yet) than headset, because you
just need to pair and configure the default main alsa device as the
headset, while headset profiles need routing and configuring the
secondary alsa device and I didn't find yet a clean way to do this, but
as I mentioned I hadn't the time to look at bluez4 and newer kernels so
maybe the situation became better in the meantime (I hope :P )
Bye!