Stress test of my Freerunner

Sven Klomp sven at klomp.de
Mon Jun 8 21:30:20 CEST 2009

On Sunday June 7 2009 16:18:48 Yogiz wrote:
> Thanks for the impressions. I really like the GPS diary idea. Perhaps
> you should release it to the public? As to alarms, try ffalarms (opkg
> install ffalarms).

I attached my code. As said, it isn't much and not very user-friendly. However, I was surprised how few code is needed to get the idea working.

storeLocation.py:
This script is called on the FR to store the current coordinates to locations.dat
E.g. storeLocation.py -t "My Home" -d "This is where I live since 5 years"
Please modify "http://myserver.org/" to your needs.

sendLocations.sh:
All locations stored in locations.dat can be send to the server with the small sendLocations.sh script. I used the http-get method since there was no urllib module in SHR.

add.py:
On the server side, add.py receives the coordinates as cgi script and stores the information to locations.dat. (I should change the name, since the content is different to locations.dat on the FR...)

diary.kml:
This is also a cgi script written in Python which creates the kml output from the content of locations.dat.

Have fun :-)
Sven