Paroli introduction video

joakim at verona.se joakim at verona.se
Tue Jun 9 09:04:37 CEST 2009

Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> Im toying with the idea, of creating a Paroli introduction video,
> where I present all the
> basic phone functionality of paroli. Short of a tutorial, where I can
> point the newcomers to.
>
> I have began to shoot the video, and made about 5 min, where I needed
> to cut off.
> The video is not finished, and I will reshoot it, as it is blurry, and
> shacked the camera a lot.
>
> However, I will be not able reshoot it before wednesday or later next week.
>
> So Im posting this *work-in-progress* 10% made video to the community
> hoping that
> somebody with willing to record the audio will join me, and others
> will have some
> feedbacks too. I also hoping, if some of you have done video editing
> before, and
> can adjust the background sound, with voice, and finalise the video
> will step up, and
> help me.
>
> Otherwise I will reshoot the video next week, and put online as-is. I
> hope it will
> be less blurry (the lcd is broken in my camera, so cant see anything
> while filming;-|)
>
> What I really like in this video, is how speedy paroli is. There is
> not much waiting, the
> video is realtime, was absolutely no editing in it.
>
> http://www.vimeo.com/5029019
>
> Feedbacks?

I really liked this video. It made me smile, and got me interested in
Paroli. I liked the little surprises, the way the signs were used
creatively. Constructive critisicm: please improve the readability of
the signs by improving contrast in them. Dont use "hollowed out"
lettering. I had difficulty reading some of the signs. I still think the
signs should be hand-made though, it adds to the flavour. Maybe you
could make a hand-drawn skin for Paroli? I would use it :)

--
Joakim Verona