Community-driven redesign / new theme for Paroli

pike pike-openmoko at kw.nl
Wed Jun 10 00:31:26 CEST 2009

Hi

> Thanks for thinking and investigating time about paroli look!

Thanks for your reply - I missed it in the bulk.

> I have read your proposal, however I dont really get
> the "sizzle" part (maybe because of my weak english skills).

Well, the 'sizzle' could be anything. I'd like to
see the phone get "excited" once you start touching
it; it can be boring as dead if its laying on the table,
in fact, I'd like that. But when you touch it, ... yes,
I have a sort of erotic concept here :-)

As for the hilites - I understand there is no 'hoover';
but there is a split second before the screen actually
changes. about 0.2 seconds will be exactly enough to
give the feeling it's sizzling :-) I've seen this
behaviour in om2008 - the same green - it was exciting.

>>> I assume
>>> someone (Mirko?) is still leading on development
>>> of paroli.
>
> That is true, Mirko is still around, and leading paroli
> development.
> Im messing with the gui here and there.

OK, that's good to know. I'm actually not
sure if I'll make the dive into edje soon :-|

>> I don't like
>> edje very much from the looks of it.
>
> Yeah, Im almost done, with the most basic and urgent
> improvements (back button everywhere).

Great - sorry - that's not what I meant - I
meant, I don't like edje as a gui language.
I was taught there.is.only.xul :-)

nice video btw !

*-pike