First SSH to FR: Permission denied

Joseph Booker joe at neoturbine.net
Thu Jun 11 04:33:20 CEST 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:17:32 -0500
Mike <mikeumo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello --
>
> I just got the FR. Very nice! I am trying to SSH to FR to check the
> firmware version. I can ping 192.168.0.200 with 0% loss. However,
> when I
>
> ssh root at 192.168.0.200
>
> and enter either blank  (as suggested in the Wiki) or "root" password
> at the prompt I get "Permission denied, please try again."
>
> What is the problem?
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> Mike.

Most OE-based distributions now a days forbid ssh over wifi, so make
sure you're trying to do this over usb.

Otherwise, you know you are not supposed to enter 'blank' as a
password, right? So, just press enter when it asks for the password,
without typing in anything. If that's totally obvious, sorry, just
making sure ;)

--
Joseph Booker