[SHR unstable] Bluetooth pairing with BMW Pro Radio car handsfree fails

Joerg Eesmann jeesmann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 11 11:24:27 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 13:08 +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:
> Thomas Franck <thomas.franck at gmx.com> writes:
> >>
> >> Hm, that is strange. You need to try to remove the bonding and to try
> >> again. Probably you hit some timeout or something else went wrong.
> >
> > I reckon that the radio is checking for capabilities and that the FR
> > fails to meet the requirements.. could that be? (I've no idea about
> > Bluetooth - totally on the user side there.. :))
>
> Yes, could be something like that. But it'd be strange if headset
> checked device for capabilities...

BMW Pro Radio... I think we are not only talking about a headset. I
guess we are talking about a handsfree car kit. I am also planning to
pair my FR to my Mondeo, but did not try it yet, because I heard that
Hands Free Profile is not fully supported yet. I planned to do something
in this area but did not find the time yet.