A few questions on navit

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Thu Jun 11 15:15:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

maybe someone can help me out here as I could not find appropriate answers in navit wiki...

The menu in in internal GUI has several options that I am not sure about if they change anything in the app:

Settings/Rules/Map follows Vehicle (cannot change the 'x')
To find a point on the map it would be helpful to disable the auto centering for that time...

Settings/Maps Route,Route Graph, Navigation, Tracking - do they do anything? It would be nice to be able to turn tracklogging on and off here, but the only way I found to do so is in navit.xml itself.

Is there a way to turn speech output on and off in the GUI? I have configured speech-dispatcher in navit.xml and use the following toggle:

<osd enabled="yes" type="toggle_announcer" x="-70" y="292" w="70" h="70" icon_src="$NAVIT_SHAREDIR/xpm/%s_70_70.png" />

But the icon does not change :( (both icons exist btw and the one for sound is displayed correctly).

Version is 0.1.0+svnrev2309-r2 from SHR + 70px icons from [4]

Some references I used:

[1] http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Configuring_Navit
[2] http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Gui_internal
[3] http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/OSD