Power dongle

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Thu Jun 11 17:33:39 CEST 2009

The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> Yeah, I'd kinda prefer one that's nigh unto infinitesimal and only lasts
> a few seconds, but I'll search for emergency phone chargers.

I guess the market for 15s power supplies is too small for anyone to
make a product.

You may want to improvise something like this:
* Get a usb connector that fits
* Stack up enough button-size batteries to get between 4.0 and 5.0 volts
* Cut most of the wire off that usb connector. Bare the two wires needed
   for power, and tape them to opposite sides of the stack of batteries.
* More tape around everything, for electrical insulation.

This is about as small as it gets. Probably over 15s of phone power,
in a package not much bigger than the tiny batteries. Exact size depends
on how good you are at cutting down the usb connector, and how small
batteries you can find.

When the batteries run out, get new ones and more tape. :-)

Helge Hafting