a new keyboard - discuss and critique

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Jun 11 18:26:12 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 08:40:43AM -0700, neovento at freerunner wrote:

> It's sad that this community couldn't even manage to build a decent keyboard
> for the freerunner within one year. Is there even any attempt to make one?

   They call it qwo[1] and I think it rules. It takes many hours to get used
to it, but I think it is definitely worth it. You can make it larger or
smaller as necessary and because there are only nine zones, they can be
relatively large without taking up too much space in total. All the
characters needed for shell commands and such are there. I typed in about a
third of the apt-get-file script I posted[2] with qwo while on the train.

[1] http://www.opkg.org/package_84.html
[2] https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-May/047590.html

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen