Debian/zhone: cannot start terminal on phone

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun Jun 14 02:18:13 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 01:02:16PM +0200, Martijn Otto wrote:
> For some reason I can no longer open a terminal on my freerunner.
> Normally I would do this by selecting Ctrl-Alt-x on the keyboard.
>
> It stopped working after switching to Xglamo and running as a normal
> user. Unfortunately, I did these switches at the same time, so I have
> no idea which of the two might be related.

   Known problem. It's the switch to Xglamo that does it. It breaks Alt-Tab
and Alt-c too.

> Does anyone have an idea what it could be, and more importantly, how
> to fix this?

   Use Xorg and the glamo video driver (although pressing Ctrl-Alt-x here
now shows the CPU 100 % busy and everything has slowed to a snail's pace.
Top shows 200+ xterm processes - <censored>!).

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen