How to get started with Openmoko phone?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:19:00 CEST 2009

2009/6/16 Mikhail Umorin <mikeumo at gmail.com>:
>> > cheapest, with 3G card). Both worked fine. To keep an old cell number one
>> > has to sign up for a contract.
>>
>> i'm fairly sure that is marketing BS.  afaik, there is nothing required
>> to keep an old number.
>>

> Well, when the salesperson tells you that they will not transfer the phone
> number unless you sign up for a contract there's not much you can do... At
> least, that's what I got.

in my experience, some companies, particularly telcos (yes, that means
you vodafone nz) tell sales staff any bollocks to make a few quid.
i've had sales staff try and pull all sorts - don't believe them

you might have to push it to find the real truth - there may even be a
law requiring number portability, in which case they can't refuse