Avoid duplicates on ML

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:14:46 CEST 2009

Evgeniy Karyakin <anthropophagite at gmail.com> writes:
>> To avoid getting duplicates (when a person sends a mail To or Cc you
>> and the list at the same time) one just needs to set his personal
>> preferences (and for most ML it's default to avoid duplicates), for
>> mailman it's described in [1].
>>
>> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node21.html
>
>    More offtopic: how about not to start new thread with every mail
> from you? For reading this ML I use GMail web interface and ~95% of
> messages from you are shown as new threads despite that messages are
> obviously replies (contain other's quotations with multiple levels).
> Just a question/advice.

I've checked headers in my mails several times wrt this. And also
checked that my mails are threaded properly in gmane webinterface,
gmane nntp interface and pipermail mailing list archives. If you have
a particular suggestion (mentioning examples of wrong headers in mails
from me) don't hesistate to express.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com