Om2009 testing release 5

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Wed Jun 17 16:53:21 CEST 2009

2009/6/17 Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi>

> battery
> >>
> >> Did you delete /home/root/.e -dir - this should have been fixed
> already..
> >
> > This was a fresh install, so shouldn't have to delete anything.
>
> Ok, you're right, fresh install should have this working out of the
> box. I think this was fixed already a while ago but it seems to be
> back again..

Ok, while we're at it. I just went to Paroli settings -> display and set the
profile to illume-serenity. It looked very nice, black and everything, and
the battery applet was showing the state correctly (!). But the illume
keyboard was back again, and I couldn't turn it off as the illume-settings
button was now gone. So I switched back to illume profile. I then went to
illume-settings, switched the theme to Serenity. Now I have Serenity again,
the illume keyboard is turned off again (yay), the battery app shows the
state wrong (!), and Paroli settings say that the theme is still Illume.

I don't understand anything from this, why is Paroli duplicating the options
from illume-settings?

And a more general question, is Paroli trying to be more than a phone app?
Is it going to replace illume?