Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Thu Jun 18 02:15:12 CEST 2009

1. Are there applications with all of the specific features I listed,
though?  My Nokia 6103b has some basic organiser applications, such as for
calender and task lists, but it does not have all of the features I listed.

I can live without PC sync as long as my information is safe in my
FreeRunner (stored in non-volatile memory in case the battery dies).  I do
not even have my Nokia 6103b synced with my PC because I cannot get Nokia PC
Suite to connect to my phone via Bluetooth.  I have to use Bluetooth because
I do not have a data cable for my phone.  I could buy a cable, but I am not
very motiviated to do so because I do not need PC sync.

2. Is the FreeRunner’s display readable without a backlight?  My Nokia
6103b’s display has a backlight, but the backlight turns off after a few
seconds of inactivity.  However, this is OK because I can still read the
display without the backlight.  However, I have seen some cell phones, such
as my dad’s Samsung, where both the display and backlight turn off after a
few seconds of inactivity.  This is not very usable for me, especially since
I am a relatively slow reader to start with.

3. I leave my Nokia 6103b on for about 16 hours or less per day.  I do not
use it for most of that time.  When I do use it, it is usually for SMS or
organiser applications, not for voice calls.  Will the FreeRunner’s battery
life be OK for my usage?