Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Thu Jun 18 03:11:55 CEST 2009

2009/6/17 jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com>

> 3. I leave my Nokia 6103b on for about 16 hours or less per day.  I do not
>> use it for most of that time.  When I do use it, it is usually for SMS or
>> organiser applications, not for voice calls.  Will the FreeRunner’s battery
>> life be OK for my usage?
>

> if you poweroff WIFI and GPS you might get 6-8 hours depending on screen
> brightness.

Do you mean 6-8 hours with the screen on or off?  If off, that is very poor
compared to my Nokia 6103b:  I can leave my Nokia 6103b on for days before
the battery meter reaches ¼ (the battery meter uses 1-4 bars).

> there are also suspend functions which expand battery life. i cant say how
> much because im on an older OS version and my suspend is non-functional :)

I never need to use suspend on my Nokia 6103b.  I do not think it even has a
suspend mode  — at least not one the user can activate.

> basically with my computer usb cable at work and my car charger i have
battery all day

With my Nokia 6103b, I can have battery for multiple days (more days if it
is only for 16 hours or less per day) without recharging.