[Om2009] mplayer inits, but doesn't play

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:07:33 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've had this issue in 2009t4 and now also in t5.
mplayer inits all the way long until it would actually play the file,
displays the "progress bar" but it doesn't progress, it stops there doing
nothing obvious. mplayer -v didn't bring up useful input either; this log
for reference: http://pastebin.ca/1465346
Wonder why it reinits "dummy" alsa device there, shouldn't that be
something that sounds more like actual hardware...? ;)

Just after line 100 of the paste, I got this message in a second attempt
after a reboot:
[AO_ALSA] Pcm in suspend mode, trying to resume.
Is that a hint?

IIRC, playing an ogg file used to work once after I booted t5 the first
time. I noticed it works and didn't test anymore... Is this info useful
for someone or should I reflash and dig deeper?

--
Marcel