YOUR action is needed to get the Community Updates up & running again

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:51:20 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Gerald A<geraldablists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The community transition should be announced with an help call for every
>> kind of task, testing, writing docs, wiki, administering servers,
>> developing, general coordination, transition news and so on.
>
> Maybe we could start a TODO list somewhere on the Wiki?
> I'm sure lots of people could help, but they need a clue about what needs to
> be done.

Exactly! About development I propose to expose peoples, projects and
what is missing, an example:

critical "new openmoko community" core development:

*) FSO team is developing the middleware, they need c/vala experts, funding :)
*) Mirko is working on Paroli, help is needed to create a a good wifi
manager plugin
*) Angus is working on om2009, openembedded experts are welcome
*) Nelson, Luca, etc. is working on kernel, some guru needed or donate
a debug board
*) Thomas, Andreas etc. is working on xorg glamo, drm/dri experts are welcome
*) xxx, yyy maintains the server infrastructure, gforge experts needed

other community development:

*) c_c is working on audio/video mediaplayer
*) xxx is working on bluetooth manager
*) yyy is adapting linphone UI for small devices
*) zzz and www is testing qlwm for arm and writing qt applications to
create a new and complete qt/x11 gui phone stack over fso, every qt
developer is welcome
*) xxx is working to support wpa2/enterprise in connman
*) "" shr
*) "" debian
*) "" hackable:1
*) "" neovento
*) "" gentoo
*) "" qtmoko/qtimproved

We need discussion boards too:

*) how to use better the aux and power buttons
*) killing freezed x11 fullscreen applications
*) the wanted systray support
*) windows manager status
*) x11 server over qtimproved
*) improving the user interaction with accelerometers
*) long term architecture for om2010

The same for other tasks, there are few human resources, we need
organization and coordination.

Regards

    Nicola