Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

Iain B. FIndleton ifindleton at videotron.ca
Sat Jun 20 22:56:46 CEST 2009

Most of Joerg's comments reflect the experience I have had. On the other
hand, its a GREAT portable office. You can run just about any Linux
application on it and with an 8Gbyte microSD card, carry around a lot of
stuff easily in your pocket. Just plug it into any old PC via WIFI,
Bluetooth or USB (Preferred) and you are away. Simply great for a
consulting lifestyle.

It also receives and sends phone calls, although it generates too much
heat to carry about in your pocket for that application.