[SHR-U] GoPhone Alerts

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 03:08:01 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009, The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> Hey, I have an AT&T GoPhone plan, and that means I pay for each call
> individually. On a normal phone, you get an alert after each call saying
> how much that call cost and how much money is left in your account. I had
> these alerts work once, but the next upgrade and they failed. Is there any
> way to get those back? They were really quite handy...
>
> I'm not sure what kind of protocol they used, just that they popped up in a
> window described as "Service Data." Apparently it isn't SMS.

Sounds like USSD. Someone said they started receiving them after having once
sent the code to request their account balance. If that doesn't work you could
listen for the IncommingUssd signal in case nothing else is listening for it.

http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network.html;hb=HEAD#IncomingUssd