Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jun 23 10:42:39 CEST 2009

El día Tuesday, June 23, 2009 a las 11:14:40AM +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors escribió:

> Brian C <brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> writes:
> > new section "Daily Users" where each person who is completely satisfied
> > with their FR setup can describe in excruciating detail (command by
> > command) how they got to that point so that the rest of us could
> > cut-and-paste their HOWTO and have the same experiences.  Without
> > something like that, I don't expect to be a daily user any time soon.
>
> That's a good idea.

Ok, my step-by-step installation guide is here:
http://www.unixarea.de/openmoko.txt

Concerning daily usage, I'm using my FR for a year now as my daily and
only phone (i.e. I have no other mobile phone at all); I love it as it
is and never ever want to use another mobile phone which does not has:

- Linux or FreeBSD as Operating System
- X11, xterm, ...
- full SSH access to the system via USB network
- resistive touch screen (to be able to hit a single pixel)
- GSM, GPRS, GPS

Hopefully my FR will last until some new approach in that direction
shows up; thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211