PISI 0.3 released

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Tue Jun 23 21:31:32 CEST 2009

Michael,

i set sim limit to 250, her is the console output:
http://www.pastebin.cz/20328

calendar was now able to go both ways, but for some reason it doesn't
seem to react in real time (is there a lag on google's side, or
dates do not show some events?), it also erased one event created on
google that should go into fr... several trials on both sides, i will
document them better if needed :)

here is the calendar output:
http://www.pastebin.cz/20330

Petr

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:52:30 +0200
Michael Pilgermann <kichkasch at gmx.de> (MP) wrote:

>Petr,
>
>thx for the feedback!
>Indeed, Paroli integration is the next feature I am aiming for ...
>
>For the error you were talking about: Could you please start the app
>from a shell (pisigui) and give some more details about the error from
>the console output? This would help a bit on narrowing down the
>problem ... thx in advance, greetings
>Mike
>
>PS: 100 entries is the limit of SIM cards (well, at least of mine - in
>order to avoid a crash of the application, I put a limit on the
>configuration - you can change this in the configuration file
>/home/root/.pisi/conf)
>

>Petr Vanek wrote:
>>> We just released PISI 0.3.
>>>
>>> Contacts synchronization was extended by SIM (via DBUS) support -
>>> making it available to SHR users. Python 2.6 is supported as well
>>> (including all dependency packages).
>>>
>>> Contacts Synchronization currently supports
>>> - SIM Card via DBUS (e.g. SHR)
>>> - QTopia SQLite (e.g. OM 2008.12)
>>> - LDAP (read only)
>>> - VCF files (local and webdav), and
>>> - Google Contacts
>>>
>>> Calendar synchronization supports
>>> - Google Calendar, and
>>> - ICalendar files (local and webdav)
>>>
>>> Get your copy here:
>>> http://www.opkg.org/package_191.html
>>

>> hey, great! thank you for all the work. sync is what is really needed
>> and some people will need even more to upgrade to Paroli (when paroli
>> support is added to pisi).
>>

>> I tried:
>>
>> - contact sync shr_sim-google: (seem to be quite slow due to the
>>   dbus-sim slow access?) but worked. seemed to complain about 100
>>   contacts/sim limit but i have to test it more. Also, seems to sync
>>   only one way to google.
>>
>> - calendar sync: Pimlico->Google: seems to sync nicely one way -
>>   pimlico to google but not the other way.
>>

>> Petr

Petr Vaněk
http://biodynamika.cz

--