Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Wed Jun 24 20:08:31 CEST 2009

do you understand the weight involved with using c++?  without very very
careful management, c++ is rather hefty for embedded devices.  granted,
having 128M to work in is indeed far more tenable than smaller devices
but it's still onerous.

C is much more lightweight and very functional.  any benefits of c++
usually don't overcome the drawbacks for embedded devices.

-d