is 0.4A sufficient for charging?

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Wed Jun 24 22:40:20 CEST 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, ivvmm wrote:

> Alexander Lehner wrote:
>
>> BTW: Could you please send a link to the shop where you found this DC
>> converter?
>
> Yes, I can. But here are two problems.
> First: they have not published it still on their website.
> Second: it is in Russian only.
> the link: http://velobig.ru

Ok - russian is not my strength ;)

I know a similair project in Germany, short overview here:

http://www.heise.de/kiosk/archiv/ct/2007/23/190_kiosk

Its battery buffered and exactly meant for PDA's and handys.
The article includes Printed Circuit Board mask and
Bill of Material - for hobby electricians!
I did not make it this way, but my hand crafted toy also always dies due
to high current ;< but as benefit I have a volt and an ampeermeter
included.

For those who are interested I think I can send a private copy but I'm not
allowed to post the PDF file public.

Alex.