Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Jun 25 12:21:58 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 25.06.2009, 11:57 +0200 schrieb Michal Brzozowski:
> 2009/6/25 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at vanille-media.de>
>
>         That said, this is exactly the reason why I have decided to go
>         with Vala
>         for FSO 2.0 -- it combines a high abstraction level with the
>         raw
>         performance of C.
>

> Is there any rough schedule for releasing FSO 2.0?

The good thing is that we don't have to wait for a release of the whole
thing. As 2.0 subsystems will individually be finished released, we can
substitute the Python counterparts with the Vala ones.

The bad thing is that it is a huge task and we no longer are funded by
Openmoko. Still, as you can see in the Cornucopia git tree, I'm devoting
quite some time.

The good thing again is we are in the process of founding a BGB company
in Germany, hence are soon contractable as a team -- we really would
love to continue working on it more than just in our spare time.

Cheers,

:M: