Why one cannot recommend the freerunner as a daily phone (was Re: Is a FreeRunner sufficient for me?)

mobi phil mobi at mobiphil.com
Thu Jun 25 13:50:19 CEST 2009

no offense, but thinkin only about yourself, what you want, is probably the
cause nr. one for openmoko company/project failing. If you want a company to
sponsor the development of the project, they need to have benefit. They can
generate benefit by selling devices. But if you fail to put on the device
minimal usability only a small amount of the potential customers will
consider buying the device. By providing a bit more usability openmoko would
have been able to sell more phones. Lot of IT friends laughed at me when I
tried to show them the phone... actually I could show nothing. If I was able
to show a bit more... these guys would have probably considered buying the
phone etc...

Developing only for your own satisfaction and thinking zero about giving
back as usability helps less than zero!

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Marcin Ćwikła <jahckal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sebastian Krzyszkowiak pisze:
>
>>  And I'm developing mostly
>> for myself (satisfaction, learning, and usable phone :P)
>>

> For me too! :)
>
> --
> jahckal

being mobile, but including technology