[shr-u] wpa-exiting with code 1 ???

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 25 18:58:33 CEST 2009

Al Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 25 June 2009, Fox Mulder wrote:
>> One big problem with wlan still exists. When i ping my server the time
>> fluctuates from ~15ms to ~4000ms and i got additional packet loss. I can
>> see this effect for example when i ssh into my freerunner or download
>> anything from it.
>>
>>  So something still must be wrong but i don't know what. My Wlan AP is
>> working right which i verified with a second pc connected through wlan.
>>
>> Anybody else experience such odd wlan behaviour?
>
> There were reports that some APs don't play nicely with the power saving
> enabled on the wifi chip. You could see if it's any more reliable with:
> 	iwconfig eth0 power off
> or
> 	wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf

Wow you were right with the first guess.
After i did "wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf" my average Ping goes
from 583.394ms with packet loss to 13.462ms with no packet loss. :)

Now i just have to find the right location where i could execute the
command. Do i have to execute it every time i enable wlan or just once
after booting?

Ciao,
    Rainer