which gps app can do this?

lanzo lanzato at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:33:05 CEST 2009

Hi!
I'd like to be using my FR on my little boat as marine GPS. I was curious
if, in your opinion, it could be possible to constantly show  the distance
between me and the nearest point on the coast line. This would be important
because in my country (and i guess everywhere) there are rules about the
little boats distances from the coast and I cannot overcome 3 nautical
miles.

I know it should be possible to show the distances between my present
position and any given point, but what about something always displaying the
distances between my position and the nearest point on the coast?

is there maybe any more in-topic forum where i can ask this?

Thank you very much for any answer!
bye! :)