Why vala? Was - Re: ffalarms 0.2.3 Vala/libeflvala/Elementary rewrite

Steven ** montgoss at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:04:08 CEST 2009

I've seen several developers talking about porting things to vala.
I'm not really familiar with this language.  What is the point?  Why
would you spend the effort rewriting an app that already works into
another language when the result is identical to the original?  Is
vala really that much easier to program in that C?  Łukasz, was it
worth all that time to rewrite ffalarms (which is a great app)?

Just wondering if I should be paying more attention to this vala stuff...

-Steven