[omgps] collect feature requests

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 09:02:52 CEST 2009

Hum... speaking as a OpenStreetMap user, it would be great to "merge" the
functionalities of omgsp with those of a tool like
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Mokomapper
meaning big buttons (9 per full-screen) allowing to store preset OSM data
such as "shop=bakery", "highway=residential", "amenity=pub", etc.. and be
able to export directly in osm format.
My idea is to get some inspiration here :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMtracker
Have a look at the screenshots, this is THE app missing on the freerunner to
dynamically add data into OSM.

Combining the map navigation of omgps and the easy editing of osm tracker
would be awesome !

Ex: I am fooling around in my city, with omgps on. Hey, this bakery is not
in the map. 3 clics further, it is ! (1clic on Osm, on click on Shops, one
click on Bakery

To be able to see if this bakery was or was not already in osm, it would be
great to have a layer "osm poi" above the "slippy mapnkik map"

This is my dream :D