[omgps] collect feature requests

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 23:43:57 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Laszlo
KREKACS<laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> But, it was reproducible. If the device freezed or I removed the battery, many
> tile maps got unreadable. I couldnt even list some directories or cd into them!
> (it rules out heavy CPU load, and not getting enough power)

And doing a fsck.ext3 -y /dev/mmcbl0p2 took more than one hour!
And another thirty minutes to untar the original OSM.tar file. (from NAND).

It was a pretty ugly experience as I was 1000 km away of home, and no
internet connection.
Thanks i have put the OSM.tar on nand, and uncompressed to an
independent partition
in the sd card. So I could recover without any computer or internet.
But took about 2 hours to recover.

Once it crashed, two times it ran out of battery, and once I needed to
remove the battery.

So I want this more managable archive file format things. ;)

Best regards,
 Laszlo