[SHR] Revealing/Hiding my caller id

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Mar 2 14:29:56 CET 2009

> It does not seem persistent over reboot, even with the new GUI iface of
> Johny Tenfinger (thanks for that btw !)

the dbus call ahs to be issued at least once after the start of frameworkd
-- so, unless frameworkd has an option to do that by itself, you or an app
has to do it -- but that means btw, that _all_ calls will be affected.
there are *??# or #??# codes to prefix the number with, that suppress the
transmission of your number. look for those or ask your provider.
numbers where your id should be hidden all the time could then be prefixed
in your addressbook.

also, it could be an improvement request to the programmer(s) of your
calling gui, to have a button or checkbox "hide my id" in the dial pad.