Yaouh 0.5 out

Daniel.Li lida_mail at 163.com
Wed Mar 4 01:26:46 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 13:15 +1300, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/3/4 Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>:
> > Hi fellows,
> > Where are the resources of those maps?
> > Well, I mean the data of map? Where does it comes from?
> >
> > I found that map of euro is much more clear, compared to my location.
>
> it comes from openstreetmap.org , a free (as in speech, and beer) map
> of the world. some parts have better coverage than others

Yeah, Risto H. Kurppa pointed out
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page After checking this, I'm
much clear about where these data comes from.

Apparently, Shanghai(China) doesn't have much data as Euro :(

>  - maybe you
> would like to help the effort and map your local area?

I would like to after I check following sites and know how to
contribute. I will upload data where I'm familiar with, especially
Hangzhou, the beautiful west lake :)

--
Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>
PALFocus (http://palfocus.oicp.net)